Pumpkin pie is a traditional American dessert eaten for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas.This pie consists of a pumpkin-based custard, flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and baked in a pie shell. This pie is often made from canned pumpkin. Pumpkin pie can be served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
For this recipe in Italian language, please visit :
Photo by Maurizio “OttO” DE Togni – BreadLoveAndDreams.com
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 can ( 15 oz ) pumpkin puree
1 can ( 14 oz ) condensed sweetened milk
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Graham Pie Crust
– Preheat ove at 350F degrees.
– Brush the bottom and the sides of the pie crust with the beaten egg yolk. Bake on a baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
– With a hand or stand mixer mix together 1 egg, pumpkin puree, condensed milk, pumpkin spice, salt until well combined.
– Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes.
– Remove from the oven, let cool completely on a wire rack.
– Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.