Ladies and Gentlemen, Signore e Signori, Madame et Monsieur, Damen und Herren, the wait is over! The first episode of my new cooking web series “A Queen In The Kitchen” is now on You Tube and Vimeo!
In this series I’ll prepare some of the dishes I have included in my very first cookbook “A Queen In The Kitchen” (Nonna Fernanda’s Authentic Northern Italian Cuisine With A Twist Of me). From delicious Antipasti , to mouth-watering Primi, Secondi, Contorni and Dolci, according to the typical Italian meal structure.
In today’s episode I’ll cook for you and with you : Cocktail di Gamberetti (Bay Shrimps Cocktail). This dish is one of the most popular and appreciated Italian starters, especially during the holidays and special occasions..
As many of you may know, a typical Italian meal (lunch or dinner) is composed of four different courses :
- Antipasto (Starter), usually salumi (Italian cold meats), cheese, cold salmon or shrimps cocktail.
- Primo (First Course), the hot dish of the meal (lasagne, pasta, cannelloni, crespelle, risotto, gnocchi).
- Secondo e Contorno (Main Course and Side Dish), the heaviest course of the meal usually made of stewed, braised or pan-fried meats (beef, pork, chicken, lamb) or fish. Secondo is always served along with Contorno (side dish); it usually consists of raw or cooked vegetables (green salad, mashed potatoes, steamed greens).
- Dolce (Dessert), it usually consists of Tiramisu’, Panna Cotta, Torte, Gelato or Sorbetto.
An Italian meal is not complete without a nice, strong Espresso (Italian style coffee), followed by an Ammazzacaffe’ (a small glass of liqueur such as Limoncello, Grappa or Amaro).
Hope you’ll enjoy my new cooking series…and if you like it, please subscribe, share and give us a thumbs up!
Servings : 4
Difficulty : easy
Prep Time : 25 min.
Cook Time : 2 min.
1.5 pound shrimps
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of Brandy
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
salt, to taste
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
lemon slices and fresh parsley, for garnish
– Bring to boil a large pot of salted water .
– Wash, peel and devein the shrimps .
– Drop the shrimps into the pot of boiling water and boil for a couple of minutes.
– Drain the shrimps into a colander, allow to cool completely and set aside.
– In a medium bowl put the mayonnaise, brandy, Worchestershire sauce, tomato ketchup and salt (if necessary) .
– Mix thoroughly until well blended.
– Fold the shrimps into the cocktail sauce, stirring gently to combine.
– Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
– Rinse and pat-dry the lettuce leaves.
– Place a generous amount of shrimps over each lettuce leaf and garnish with lemon slices and a tuft of fresh parsley.
Ale Gambini (Host, Chef, Author)
Maurizio OTTO De Togni (Executive Producer & Music)
Mirko “Mirakle” Urania (Director, Video Maker, Editor)
Produced by: BreadLoveAndDreams and SuperOttO Publishing
Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.
…a special thanks to :
Tagged: A Queen In The Kitchen, Ale gambini, ammmazzacaffe', Antipasto, bay shrimps cocktail, Book, Bread Love and Dreams, Buon Appetito, Caffe', cocktail di gamberetti, Cookbook, dolce, enjoy, food, food blog, Italian cookery, Italian cuisine, italian food, italian meal structure, italian recipe, Italy, Limoncello, Nonna Fernanda, primo, secondo, tiramisu, Vimeo, watch now, web series, You Tube