I’m a huge fan of Japanese desserts because they are less sweet and very elegant in taste and appearence. The Japanese cheesecake is very different to the western style cheesecake; this cake is surprisingly smooth, creamy and light. The traditional Japanese cheesecake is usually topped with apricot jam but I wanted to give to my cake an Italian twist so I glazed it with the delicious and healthy Fiordifrutta Lemon Spread Rigoni di Asiago.
As always a simple and delicious recipe, made with the freshest and finest ingredients.
A special thanks to Rigoni di Asiago USA http://rigonidiasiago-usa.com
Buon Appetito – いただきます – Enjoy!!!
…and remember, only a few days left for a chance to win a delicious Gourmet Basket Rigoni di Asiago
To enter this giveaway, simply like my page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Breadloveanddreams and leave a valid email address in the form below. Share on your Facebook timeline and let me know you liked and shared in the comment for more chances to win.
Winner will be choose randomly on March 8th 2015.
Winner will be notified via email.
The prize will be shipped only in the United States (Alaska and Hawaii not included).
You must be 21 years old to qualify for this prize.
Giveaway sponsored by Rigoni di Asiago USA.
JAPANESE STYLE CHEESECAKE WITH LEMON SPREAD
Photo by Ale Gambini – BreadLoveAndDreams.com
Servings : 8
Difficulty : easy
Prep Time : 15 min.
Cook Time : 50 min.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup ultrafine pure cane sugar
3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons Fiordifrutta Lemon Spread Rigoni di Asiago
2 tablespoons water
– Preheat oven at 325 F degrees.
– Grease with butter a 9 inch springform round cake pan then line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Brush the paper with softened butter. Wrap tightly the outer sides and bottom of the cake pan with several layers of aluminum foil. Set the cake pan into a roast pan at least 2 inches larger all around.
– With a hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
– Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and corn starch and mix until well combined.
– In a medium bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy than add the remaining sugar and the cream of tartar and continue to whip until a soft peak forms.
– Fold gently the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
– Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
– Fill the roast pan with boiling water until it is half full.
– Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Turn off the oven and let the cake cool in the oven with the oven door ajar for an hour.
– Remove the cake from the pan, peel off the parchment paper.
– In a small sauce pan place two tablespoons of Fiordifrutta Lemon Spread with a couple of tablespoons of water and heat gently until it melts.
– Spread the lemon glaze evenly all over the top of the cheesecake.
– Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tagged: Ale gambini, baking, Breadloveanddreams.com, chessecake, cotton cake, dessert, enter to win, food blog, food blogger, giveaway, Italian twist, Japanese style, lemon spread, non GMO, Organic, Prize, Rigoni di Asiago, water bath