Looking for a delicious “antipasto” (appetizer) for New Year’s Eve dinner? No problem, the shrimp cocktail is the perfect way to start to celebrate the most exciting night of the year. This recipe is fresh, tasty, healthy and ready in no time. Just remember to choose always the freshest and finest ingredients; that’s the secret of the authentic Italian cuisine.
Pair this dish with a Traminer Aromatico Trentino DOC wine.
BUON APPETITO E BUONE FESTE!!!
Servings : 4
Difficulty : easy
Prep Time : 25 min.
Cook Time : 2 min.
1.5 pound shrimps
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of Brandy
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
salt, to taste
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
lemon slices and fresh parsley, for garnish
– Bring to boil a large pot of salted water .
– Wash, peel and devein the shrimps .
– Drop the shrimps into the pot of boiling water and boil for a couple of minutes.
– Drain the shrimps into a colander, allow to cool completely and set aside.
– In a medium bowl put the mayonnaise, brandy, Worchestershire sauce, tomato ketchup and salt (if necessary) .
– Mix thoroughly until well blended.
– Fold the shrimps into the cocktail sauce, stirring gently to combine.
– Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
– Rinse and pat-dry the lettuce leaves.
– Place a generous amount of shrimps over each lettuce leaf and garnish with lemon slices and a tuft of fresh parley.
Tagged: Ale gambini, Antipasto, appetizer, Breadloveanddreams.com, Capoanno, Christmas, cocktail di gamberetti, Cocktail shrimp, dinner, food blog, Holiday Season, Italian cuisine, italian food, italian recipe, Italy, New Years Eve