Today is the day!!! The 2014 FIFA World Cup will start in a couple of hours.
As anybody knows, Italians love soccer as much as food so let’s celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup baking Brazilian cheese bread (Pão de Queijo)… and may the best win. 😉
Makes : 20 to 24 cheese puffs
Difficulty : easy
Prep time : 5 min.
Baking time : 20 min.
2/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg, room temperature
1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
1/2 cup three cheese blend (muenster, gouda and mozzarella) OR Queso Fresco, grated
1 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1/2 tsp salt
– Preheat oven at 400°F.
– Grease a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
– Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth and well blended.
– Pour the batter gently into the mini-muffin tin, filling the wells 3/4 full.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
– Remove from oven, let cool for a couple of minutes on their pan.
– Serve warm.